Barbara Whiten Balliette
Barbara Balliette is a partner with Reid Collins & Tsai. Barbara received her B.A. from Baylor University in 1990 and her J.D. cum laude from Georgetown University Law Center in 1993.
After graduating from law school, Barbara practiced law in the Dallas and Austin offices of Hughes & Luce, LLP and was a partner at Diamond McCarthy LLP. Barbara’s practice has included representation of both plaintiffs and defendants in a variety of complex litigation matters, including business fraud, director and officer liability, professional malpractice cases, insurance coverage and bad faith litigation.
Barbara is admitted to practice in the state of Texas and all Texas federal district courts, as well as the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals. In addition to her legal practice, Barbara is an active volunteer in many local community organizations, the Girl Scouts, and school organizations.
- Total defense verdict in two-week jury trial in representation of lender in a complex multi-year lawsuit involving breach of contract, wrongful foreclosure and other tort claims.
- Multi-million dollar summary judgment in federal court representation of lender in breach of contract lawsuit.
- Representation of 2,300 member creditor Trust arising out of Zale and Gordon Jewelers bankruptcy successfully recovering more than $51 million. Barbara was a litigation team member in the prosecution of multiple cases relating to complex claims of officer/director/shareholder liability and legal malpractice.
- Summary judgment in federal court on behalf of insurance company client in bad faith, “sweetheart deal” assignment, and coverage litigation.
- Barbara has extensive experience in insurance coverage evaluation, including authoring coverage opinions advising insurers on the scope of insurance coverage and advising insureds about the availability of insurance coverage in litigation situations.