Ryan M. Goldstein
Ryan Goldstein is a partner in the Austin office of Reid Collins & Tsai LLP. His practice focuses on complex commercial litigation, including actions involving business torts, professional malpractice, and complex financial transactions. He has litigated and tried cases before state courts, federal courts, and arbitration tribunals across the country. Ryan also maintains an active pro bono practice, including through the firm’s partnership with the ACLU on the Justice Lab initiative.
Prior to joining the firm, Ryan completed a judicial clerkship for the Honorable Nicholas G. Garaufis in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York. Before his federal clerkship, Ryan worked as a litigation associate at the New York office of Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP. Ryan is admitted to practice in both Texas and New York, and is a member of the Texas Bar Foundation.
Ryan received his J.D., with Highest Honors, from the University of Texas School of Law in 2012, where he was a member and an associate editor of the Texas Law Review. Upon graduation, Ryan was elected Clerk of the Chancellors. Ryan earned his B.A., summa cum laude, from Georgetown University.
- Representing Carling O’Brien in ongoing judicial and arbitration proceedings against private equity firm Emerald Lake Capital Management arising out of Ms. O’Brien’s bad-faith and pretextual termination as firm co-founder and partner.
- Representing Trustee of Insys Liquidation Trust in investigation and pursuit of D&O and fraudulent transfer claims.
- Representing individual in pursuit of novel claims against online travel agencies and credit card companies under the Helms-Burton Act.
- Represented a founder of a private equity firm asserting claims against her co-founders for the theft of her ownership interest in the firm. The case settled on confidential terms prior to trial.
- Successfully represented founder and manager of Delaware limited liability company in governance dispute and judicial dissolution trial.
- Represented publicly traded company in connection with legal malpractice claim against Am Law 100 firm. The case settled pre-suit on confidential terms.
- Represented individual in connection with legal malpractice claim against Am Law 100 firm. The case settled pre-suit on confidential terms.
- Represented Trustee of a Private Actions Trust pursuing the claims of over 400 victims of a Ponzi scheme against a national life insurance company for securities fraud and the negligent employment of the agents that perpetrated the scheme for over a decade. The case settled on confidential terms prior to summary judgment.
Publications and Speaking Engagements:
- Panelist, Evidence and Trial Skills in Bankruptcy, ABI (2021)
- Panelist, Litigating Claims By Trustees: Avoiding Pitfalls in Litigation and Recurring Legal Issues, ABI (2022)
- Note, Improving Forensic Science Through State Oversight, 90 Texas L. Rev. 225 (2011)